Hosting Youth Soccer Tournaments
Please follow the instructions below if your organization would like to host a youth soccer tournament in Maine. These guidelines are based on the USYS Tournament Policy.
- Make sure that your club or organization is in good standing with Soccer Maine: all fees paid, Club Affiliation is up to date, and By-Laws are on file electronically.
- Please check with Soccer Maine to verify the date(s) of your tournament before you apply.
- Submit the following information to Soccer Maine at a minimum of 90 days prior to the tournament:
- Application to Host a Tournament
- Tournament Hosting Agreement
- Tournament Brochure, Application, web address, or other form(s) of publicity and means of entering sent to teams
- Tournament Rules and Guidelines
- Letter or e-mail from facility owner/manager stating tournament has permission to use playing fields and/or other facilities.
- Send a $50 fee with Application to Soccer Maine.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for approval.
Contact Soccer Maine for assistance in this process. This process is what protects your club in terms of insurance coverage. As a member club, you must complete the process to host a tournament. Clubs that do not follow this process put their club and players at risk.